Pipedrive Integration: Mailigen Syncbot
The Mailigen-Pipedrive integration will allow you to seamlessly connect your sales and email marketing workflow to create personalized email campaigns for your Pipedrive contacts.
When a contact interacts with an email campaign, for example by opening an email or clicking on a link, you can then set up processes to add deals and activities automatically to your Pipedrive account.
To sync your Mailigen contacts with Pipedrive, log into your Mailigen account, go to Tools and Integration > Pipedrive sync, and click on Connect Pipedrive.
You will be taken to an authentication flow, where you will have to log into your Pipedrive account and grant access for Pipedrive to access your Mailigen account.
Your Pipedrive sync setting page will show as Connected if the authentication was successful.
The first part of setting up your Pipedrive-Mailigen integration is to select the Mailigen List that you would like your Pipedrive contacts to sync to. You can create a new list just for this purpose, or use an existing one. You can learn more about Lists in Mailigen in this article.
Once you choose the list you want to sync with, you will be prompted to select the Pipedrive data fields that you want to include when syncing Pipedrive contact information over to Mailigen.
For People, the name and email address are mandatory fields and will be selected automatically. You can also include other default or custom contact data fields in Pipedrive. Custom fields for first and last name will be created if they do not exist already. If the synced field is deleted from Pipedrive, it will still remain in Mailigen but no longer be synced.
Can I sync organization information to my Mailigen List?
When setting up your list information, you can include the organization information you want included in your Lists. Organizations do not exist in Mailigen by default, so they will be added as extra information fields under your contacts.
Once you've finished selecting the contact fields you want to include in the sync, you can click on Done to confirm your settings.
The next step to set up your Mailigen-Pipedrive integration is to add a Syncbot. The page to create a Syncbot has two sections:
- Choosing which contacts to sync from Pipedrive (mandatory)
- Setting up automatic processes for actions to occur in Pipedrive based on Mailigen activity (optional)
To get started, click on Add Syncbot.
Can I create multiple Syncbots?
If you want to set up different automated processes for your contacts, you can set up multiple Syncbots. With each syncbot, you can customize the information you receive in Pipedrive based on different contact groups. Each syncbot can be created with a specific filter to be used for segmentation in Mailigen to create campaigns and automations.
Once the contact has been synced to Mailigen, it will show in the [source] value that it was synced from Pipedrive. If the syncbot is paused, it will no longer reflect this source.
In the first section you will select which Pipedrive contacts you want to sync to your selected Mailigen List. You can choose to Sync contacts to Mailigen based on two conditions:
- Sync all Pipedrive contacts— This will add all of your Pipedrive contacts to your Mailigen list.
- Sync only contacts that match this Pipedrive filter— If you don't want to add all Pipedrive contacts, you can create a filter for the ones you want to sync. Please be aware that the filter sync runs every fifteen minutes, so you may not see your contacts in Mailigen immediately. You can learn more about creating filters in Pipedrive for your contacts in this article. Only public filters will be seen.
The contact sync between Mailigen and Pipedrive will go one way, from Pipedrive to Mailigen. Data will be synced regularly, meaning any updates to synced contacts in Pipedrive will also show up in Mailigen. If the contact is deleted from Pipedrive, it will also be deleted from Mailigen.
In the second section you will set up automatic events to happen in Pipedrive based on events that happen in your Mailigen campaigns. Please be aware that there may be a short delay with the automatic processes before you see your items in Pipedrive.
Under the activities tab, you can set up automations for activities to be created when a certain condition is met for your contact. You will be able to choose the number of times an event has to happen to trigger the activity, and the type of activity you want to create.
All created activities will be assigned to the contact owner.
- Track opened emails— Create an activity after a certain number of emails are opened by a contact. This includes both regular campaigns and automation emails.
- Track sent emails— Create an activity after a certain number of emails are sent to a contact
- Track links clicked in emails— Create an activity after email links are clicked a certain number of times by a contact
- Track bounced emails— Create an activity after a certain number of emails have bounced
Under deals, you can set up automations for deals to be created for when emails or links are opened in Mailigen. You will be able to select the number of times an event has to happen to trigger a deal creation, and the owner, pipeline, and stage of the created deal.
- Create a deal based on opened emails— Create a deal for your contact after a certain number of emails have been opened by a contact
- Create a deal based on links clicked in emails— Create a deal for your contact when links are clicked a certain amount of times by a contact
Under contacts, You can set up for notes to be created for a contact person when a certain email interaction happens:
- When a subscriber opens campaign email
- When the subscriber clicks on a link in email
- When an email is sent to the subscriber
- When an email bounces
You will have to select the option to confirm that the contacts selected have subscribed and agreed to receive emails/SMS messages before Saving your Syncbot.
You will now see your new Syncbot under the Syncbots tab including it's last synced, Pipedrive filter, Pipedrive actions, and active status information. If the subscription limit on the Mailigen side has been hit, all syncbots will pause. You will have to update your subscription to continue.
If you want to edit or delete an existing Syncbot, you can click on the '...' icon under the Syncbots tab. You cannot change the subscriber list of an existing Syncbot, but you can update the automated processes.
If you delete a Syncbot, no synced information will be deleted but all syncing will stop until the connection is restored. You can toggle the active button to pause the Syncbot.
Updates to your subscriber list
If you go to the Settings tab, you will be able to update the general syncing information.
- Subscriber list— Here you can update the Mailigen list you have chosen to sync. You can only update the subscriber list if you do not have any Syncbots. If you currently have a Syncbot but want to update the list, you will have to first delete the Syncbot, update the list information, and then recreate your Syncbot.
- Add new subscriber as contacts, assigned to— You can set up your sync so that new subscribers to your Mailigen list are added to Pipedrive under a specific user. See the section below for more information.
- Fields to sync— You can update the fields that sync over from Pipedrive contacts to Mailigen. These can be updated even when you have active Syncbots.
The Pipedrive and Mailigen integration will also allow you to automatically add new subscribers to your Mailigen list to Pipedrive as new contacts. To enable this, go to the Settings tab of your Pipedrive sync.
Under Add new subscribers as contacts, assigned to, select a Pipedrive user. This user will be the owner of any contacts created in Pipedrive from new Mailigen list subscribers. These contacts will be added to Pipedrive, but the automated processes will only happen for contacts that also fall under the qualifications for a Syncbot.
For these contacts, only the following fields will be imported from the new Mailigen subscriber to the Pipedrive contact:
- Email address
- Phone number
- First Name
- Last Name