Maintaining an effective Pipedrive database can sometimes mean cleaning out data. However, we recognize that not every user should have the ability to delete potentially-valuable information from your account. To allow for you to keep your data secure, the ability to delete in Pipedrive is separated between Admin User and Regular User permissions.
Admin Users in Pipedrive...
- control whether Regular Users are able to delete deals or activities.
- can delete any item in the Pipedrive account, no matter who created it.
Regular Users in Pipedrive...
- are not able to delete people or organizations, as only Admin Users have this ability.
- are able to delete deals or activities, when given permission by an Admin User.
As an Admin User, if you would like to adjust the Regular User permissions regarding the deleting of deals or activities in your Pipedrive account, you can do so by going to Settings > Users & permissions > Permissions, and adjusting those options to your preference.
Note: If you do not see an option to be able to delete a Person or Organization, you are not an Admin User. If you do not see the option to delete a deal or activity, then your Admin User has not enabled this permission in the account.
Deleting items in Pipedrive
Depending on the situation, you may need to delete items in Pipedrive in many different ways.
We've built several different means to delete items in Pipedrive, to help address any situation.
To delete from the Detail View of an item in Pipedrive:
- Click on the name of the deal, person, or organization to go to that item's Detail View.
- Click on the ... found to the upper right of the Pipedrive app.
- Select the Delete option found there.
- In the prompt that appears, confirm that you wish to delete this item.
To delete a deal from the Pipeline View of your Deals tab:
- Go to your Deals tab, and click on the Pipeline View.
- Click on the deal you wish to delete, and drag it to the bottom your screen in the Pipedrive app.
- When hovered over the trash can icon, release your mouse-click.
To delete a selection of items from the List View:
- Go to the Pipedrive tab of the item(s) you wish to delete — such as Deals, Activities, People, or Organizations.
- Using the check-boxes on the left side of the Pipedrive app, select the items you wish to delete.
- In the Bulk Edit panel that appears on the right side of the Pipedrive app, select the trash can icon.
- In the prompt that appears, confirm that you wish to delete those items.