Smart Docs: eSignatures
The Smart Docs feature also comes with an eSignatures functionality, so you can request document signatures from your customers without needing any extra tools.
To request a signature, you first have to create or upload a document with the Smart Docs feature on the deal or contact detail page. You can learn how to set up a document in this article.
You can request a signature in two locations:
- In the document editor –
- In the detail view –
Once you click on "Request signatures", you will be prompted to review your document and manage your signers. The user requesting the signature (you) and the linked contact person will automatically be added as signers, but you can delete or add to this list. You can add up to 10 signers per document.
You can change the language of the invitation under "Invite Language".
Once you click “Next” you can add signer fields into the document. You can drag and drop fields to the location where you want them to appear in the final document.
Once you've placed a field into a document, you can hover your mouse on the field to edit and configure each field.
There are currently four types of signer fields available, with different configurations available:
|Signatures||This has no configuration, it is always a required field|
|Initials||Can be toggled as a required/optional field|
|Checkbox||Can be toggled as a required/optional field|
If you're adding signer fields into the document, you must include a signature field for every signer. You can switch between the signers in the “Select Signer” drop-down that appears in the left panel. Here you can also allocate a field to a different signer if you're editing fields.
Once you are finished setting up the document and you click “Send,” the document with instructions will be sent to all signers. You will receive an email notification every time someone signs or declines to sign.
If you don't want to add signature fields in the document, you can skip this step by clicking “Send anyway”.
If you send the document without placing any signer fields in the document, the electronic signatures will be placed on an additional page at the back of the document.
When a signer opens the document sign request in their email, they will be able to review the document. There will be a prompt to sign the document, decline to sign and download the document as a PDF in the top right corner.
To start signing the document, the signer can click on the signer fields in the document, or they can use the helpful signer guide on the left-hand side. Mandatory fields will be marked with a red asterisk.
When the signer clicks to complete a signature or initials field, they will have the option to type, draw or upload an image of their signature.
Once all the required signer fields have been completed, the signer can click the “Finish signing” button to continue.
They will then see the Sign the document prompt, where the signer will need to check the box confirming they have reviewed the document and have the legal right to sign, and complete the authentication code that was sent to the signer's email to validate their identity.
When the document has been signed by everyone, a PDF of the signed document and audit trail will be automatically emailed to all signers and the user who had requested the signatures.
The document on the detail page of your deal or contact will show the signing status of your document.
If you click on the signing status you will see information on each signer, document views and signed status.
- Declined – the signer has declined to sign the document. You can resend the signature request by clicking on "Re-send invite".
- Awaiting – the signature request is still pending. you can send them a reminder email to resend the invite.
- Signed – the signer has already signed.
There are also a number of actions you can take at the signature detail window:
- Re-send invite – If the user declines the signature request, you can re-send it to them
- Send reminder – If you click on send reminder, the signer will receive the signature request via email again.
- Send signed PDF – Once everyone has signed the document, you will be able to send a signed PDF to individual users.
- Cancel signing – Cancel the signing process for everyone. A cancellation email will be sent to all signers.
When a document has been signed by everyone, you can click on the version to see and download the signed document in the deal or contact detail view.
Depending on the plan you're on, the number of signatures may vary.
- Professional and Enterprise: These plans have unlimited signature requests available (reasonable use policy applies).
- Essential and Advanced (add-on): Company accounts in these plans with the add-on enabled have the option to purchase two tiers of signature requests:
- 30 signature requests per month.
- 100 signature requests per month.
– If you are on an annual plan, your company account will have a monthly allowance of 30 or 100 signatures, depending on the chosen tier. The signatures that are not used will not be carried over into the next month.
- Essential and Advanced (add-on trial): Company accounts in these plans that are in the add-on trial can request up to 5 signatures.
What is the Reasonable Use Policy?
Pipedrive will closely monitor the usage of eSignatures. If we notice that the feature is being used for reselling, being abused in any other way, or is unduly burdensome, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to prevent or suspend a user's access to the feature.