The Live Chat feature is part of your Chatbot playbook flow and allows you to engage directly with your website visitors, personalize your lead qualification process and qualify them as you talk.
We’ll notify you on any device the moment a chat is requested, so you can react quicker to engaged web visitors and convert more leads to customers.
You can add a Live Chat to your webpage by going to Leads > Chatbot, where you can:
- Add a new playbook and use the Live Chat template
- Click on one of your existing playbooks and add a Live Chat card
If you’re adding a Live Chat card to an existing playbook, click “Save” to confirm and you'll see the Live Chat as part of your playbook.
Once you’ve added a Live Chat card or created a new Live Chat playbook, you can use the pencil icon to edit it or the trash can icon to delete it.
You have the following options for customizing your Live Chat card:
- Online message – The message visitors see if there’s at least one user available to take the chat.
- Waiting time – The amount of time a visitor will wait for a Pipedrive user to pick up the chat. In this amount of time, a Pipedrive user must go into the unassigned folder, select the chat and click “Assign to me” for the chat to proceed.
Offline message – The message visitors see if a user doesn’t pick up the chat within the waiting time.
Your offline and online messages can also have bolded or italicized text, embedded links, bullet lists or images included.
Once a playbook is set to active and installed on your website, you can see the chats from your webpage in the Live Chat section of the account.
Adding new chats
In the Live Chat inbox, you must click the toggle in the bottom-left corner “online” to start receiving chats.
When a website visitor goes through the Chatbot flow and triggers the Live Chat, a conversation is created and added to the unassigned folder of your Live Chat page.
Click on the conversation and select “Assign to me” to take ownership of the chat and add it to my conversations.
The chat window will show if a lead or deal was created, along with a time stamp.
The visitor’s chat window will show the Pipedrive user has joined the chat, and the default name of your Chatbot will be updated to reflect the name of the assigned Pipedrive user.
To reassign a chat, use the drop-down in the top right corner and assign the chat to a new user, or “Unassigned” to remove ownership from the chat.
While you chat with your website visitors, you can collect their information and easily add it to the details side panel.
You can add the following data using the Live Chat side panel:
- Deal value and expected close date
- Person name, email and phone number
- Organization name and address
- Any custom note
Once you’ve finished qualifying your visitor, you can close the conversation to end the chat.
Closed conversations can be viewed in the closed conversations folder, and each includes a timestamp of when the conversation was closed.
After configuring your Live Chat, you’ll be prompted to allow desktop notifications.
You will get a notification when the following occurs:
- A new conversation is added to the unassigned folder
- New conversation is assigned to you
- New message from a conversation assigned to you