Syncing with Google Drive
With the Google Drive sync, you can use Google Drive as a storage location for your attachments and files uploaded to Pipedrive.
You can also create new Google documents inside Pipedrive and link existing ones from Google Drive to items (deals, people, organizations) in Pipedrive.
- Accessibility: If Google Drive sync is enabled, all files will be stored in Google Drive and accessible through the Pipedrive interface.
- Efficiency: The same file can be linked multiple times in Pipedrive, so the latest version of a document is always attached.
- Easy inline editing: Uploaded files can be converted to Google Docs, then viewed and edited without having to download the file and open it with separate software.
- Easy inline creation: A new Google Doc can be generated inline.
To sync your files with Google Drive:
- Go to Personal preferences (click on your name at the top-right corner) > Google Drive to access the sync options
- Select “Connect now” to connect your Google Drive account
- Select “Allow” to enable the sync feature
- Select whether to store Pipedrive files in a separate folder on Google Drive
- Select whether to enable the sharing of all Google Drive files with other Pipedrive users in your company
Whether you need to stop syncing for troubleshooting purposes or to connect to a different account, click on ”Stop syncing”. Then, you’ll see the option to connect to a different Google Drive account or reconnect the previous one.
- View only: All Pipedrive users are to be able to view but not edit your files when set to “can view” or “can comment.” “Can comment” will allow other users to leave comments on your files.
- Private: Keep specific files attached to deals private or read-only, but you’ll have to edit the sharing permissions within Google. Files will still show in your file queue on Pipedrive, but others will not be able to open them.
Go to the Upload files tab in the detail view of one of your deals, organizations, or people contacts. You'll see that, instead of only the "Upload from your computer" option that you had prior to enabling the Google Drive sync, you now have several options:
- Select from your computer: Upload a file directly from your computer, which keeps your file stored within Pipedrive, and migrate it to Google Drive.
- Import from Google Drive: Add a file already in Google Drive. Simply begin typing the name of your file in and, once found, select it.
If you’ve created or added a file through Google Drive, you can click on your file and view or edit it directly from Pipedrive, as well as allow other Pipedrive users to view or edit your file directly from Pipedrive.