Syncing with Google Drive
With the Google Drive sync, you can use Google Drive as the storage location of your attachments and files uploaded to Pipedrive. You will also be able to create new Google documents inside Pipedrive and link existing ones from Google Drive to items (deals, people, organizations) in Pipedrive.
- Accessibility: If Google Drive sync is enabled, all files will be stored in Google Drive so they're accessible through the Pipedrive interface.
- Efficiency: The same file can be linked multiple times in Pipedrive, ensuring that the latest version of a document is always attached.
- Easy inline editing: Uploaded files can be converted to Google Docs, viewed and edited without having the download the file and open it with separate software.
- Easy inline creation: A new Google Doc can be generated inline.
To sync your files with Google Drive:
- Go to Personal preferences (click on your name at the top-right corner) > Google Drive to access the sync options.
- Select "Connect now" to connect your Google Drive account.
- Select "Yes" in the Use Google Drive option to enable the sync feature.
- Select whether to store Pipedrive files in a separate folder on Google Drive.
- Select whether to enable the sharing of all Google Drive files with other Pipedrive users in your company.
- View only: If you want all Pipedrive users to be able to view but not edit your files, set your file to "can view" or "can comment". "Can comment" will allow other users to be able to leave comments on your files.
- Private: If you'd like to keep specific files that are attached to deals private or read-only, you'll have to edit the sharing permissions within Google itself. In this case, files will still show in your file queue on Pipedrive, but others will not be able to open them.
Go to the Upload files tab in the detail view of one of your deals, organizations, or people contacts. You'll see that, instead of only the "Upload from your computer" option that you had prior to enabling the Google Drive sync, you now have several options:
- Select from your computer: Upload a file directly from your computer, which keeps your file stored within Pipedrive, as well as migrate it over to Google Drive.
- Import from Google Drive: Add a file that's already living in Google Drive. Simply begin typing the name of your file in and, once found, select it.
Create new: Create a file from scratch through Google Drive, automatically saving the file within both Pipedrive and Google Drive at once.
If you have created or added a file through Google Drive, you can simply click on your file, and you can easily view or edit your file directly from Pipedrive, as well as allow other Pipedrive users to view or edit your file directly from Pipedrive.