Troubleshooting: WhatsApp by Twilio integration
When using the WhatsApp by Twilio integration, you might encounter a number of issues. We've compiled a short guide with a few troubleshooting scenarios and how to tackle each:
You tried to integrate the WhatsApp by Twilio app to your company account and received an error message at the end of the installation flow.
Your account might be connected to a different Pipedrive account while the app restricts a single installation instance per Twilio's account SID. This means only one Twilio instance can be connected to Pipedrive.
How to fix:
Ask the Admin who installed the integration to:
- Change the app visibility setting to Shared. To do so, the admin needs to go to Tools and apps > Messaging and change the visibility from Private to Shared.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app from the company account and try to connect WhatsApp by Twilio again. Learn how to uninstall the integration in this article.
Wrong Twilio credentials were entered. To fix this, you need to enter the correct credentials. Watch the below video on how to obtain your Twilio SID and Auth token.
You started the installation and lost the account settings rights in the middle of the process.
To fix this, ask a user with account settings access to complete the installation process for you.
A yellow banner might appear at the top of the messaging inbox on your messaging settings page, indicating the installation hasn't been completed. Clicking the link will redirect you to the messaging settings page. Follow the instructions on the page to enable the app to add a channel to Pipedrive's channels API.
- Reason 1: Invalid number of participants
Pipedrive's API only supports conversations with a single source user and at least one end user while Twilio supports adding multiple participants to a WhatsApp for business conversation, which is non-standard and not supported by Pipedrive channels API and messaging inbox.
- Reason 2: The installation owner deleted the conversation
If the installation owner deletes a conversation in the messaging inbox, it becomes unavailable. Once the contact reaches out to your WhatsApp business account, the conversation will become visible again.
- Reason 3: The conversation had been deleted in Twilio before being fetched by Pipedrive's channels API
Twilio API can be accessed by multiple apps as long as they use the same account SID. This means another app might have deleted a conversation on Twilio's side without deleting it from WhatsApp's API.