What types of custom fields are there?
Custom fields can be used when the information you want to add to Pipedrive doesn’t exist as a default field.
For example, there is no default field for “job title,” but you can include that information using a single option or text type custom field under people contacts.
Types of custom fields
There are sixteen different types of custom fields, with different kinds of information you can add to your leads, deals, contacts, projects or products.
What it’s for
Notes, URLs or other text
Secondary email addresses, (short) comments, job titles
Longer comments, descriptions
List of predefined options where only one can be selected (Maximum 500 options)
Category, industry, job title
List of predefined options where multiple items can be selected (Maximum 500 options)
Industry, region, competitors, job title, item status
Auto-fills text based on previous inputs, stores up to 255 characters
Custom options (e.g., tagging), email addresses
Priority level, numbered ranking, units requested
Numerical data prefixed with a currency symbol.
Commission, estimates, costs
Tag a Pipedrive user from your Pipedrive account
Previous or secondary deal or contact owners, users related to the larger project
Tag an organization from your Pipedrive database.
Related or secondary parties, partner organizations, holding companies
Tag a person from your Pipedrive database.
Related or secondary person contact
Enter a phone number with click-to-call functionality.
Secondary Skype names, secondary phone numbers, primary phone number for linked item (deal, org.)
Specific time chosen from a time drop-down. Time format will match your default time zone format.
Delivery time, lunchtime
Range of time chosen from a time drop-down. Time format will match your default time zone format.
Office hours, best time to contact
Specific date chosen from a drop-down calendar
Delivery date, deadlines
Range of dates chosen from a drop-down calendar
Event dates, completion estimates, holidays
Stores full addresses using autocomplete from Google Maps.
Event places, secondary office locations (when separate from business address)
Things to keep in mind
- User, organization, and person-type custom fields will click through to the item entered in those values.
- People contacts in Pipedrive already have a default phone field, but a phone-type custom field can be added under other items (organizations, deals etc.)
- Organizations in Pipedrive already have a default address field, but an address-type custom field can be added under other items (leads, projects etc.)
- When adding a value in a person or organization field, if a contact with that name doesn’t already exist in your account, a new one will be created
- Numerical and monetary fields for deals can also have formulas added to them. You can learn more about formula fields in this article.
- Text fields can be used for URLs, and clicking a URL in a text field will redirect you to that webpage
- Address custom fields behave like the default address fields under organizations, including subfields and the “Show on Map” feature.
- The currency of a monetary field will match your default currency setting unless otherwise specified.