Note: Admin rights are required to perform certain actions listed in this article. Click here to learn more.
Controlling visibility is an important element to understand in your CRM. Whether you keep everything public in your company or require more privacy regarding your Deals, People, Organizations, or Products, Pipedrive will allow you to do so with several different options.
Admin users: Have full control and visibility over the entire account, except for private emails. They also cannot delete themselves or take away their own administrative rights. Only fellow admins can do this. Pipedrive can have as many admin users as you wish.
Note: The first user to start a new trial account is automatically given admin rights. Admins added subsequently can remove the admin rights of the first user if need be.
Regular users: Are subject to the permissions that the admin establishes.
Settings page of an Admin user.
All the same rights as a regular user; but with the following additions:
- Update Billing
- Add/remove/edit users
- Change Pipedrive account name
- Control company visibility & permissions
- Create goals for other users
- Create/edit custom fields
- Create/edit pipelines & stages
- Control VOIP configurations
- Establish push notifications
- Enable features
- Full visibility to all deals/people/etc (regardless of visibility settings)
- Import/Export Data
Settings page of a Regular user:
All the normal day to day functions of Pipedrive:
- Access to personal API keys
- Access to personal integrations (Google contacts, mailchimp, etc)
- Add/edit rights to any deal/person/organization the user has visibility to
- Change/update own email address(so long as the email doesn't exist in Pipedrive already)
- Change personal password
- Create personal goals
- Create/edit filters in the list views
- Establish personal activity reminder emails and notification emails
- Establish personal User Interface settings
- Establish personal email-integration settings
One of the first and most important things to do is establish your Pipedrive account's default visibility settings. These settings will establish a default visibility rule to every record (person/organization/deal/product) created in the system; this does not mean you're forced to use these settings at all times. Every deal/person/etc in Pipedrive can have its individual visibility settings.
To configure your company defaults:
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions > Permissions.
- Select your default visibility settings. See example:
The company default visibility setting is just like it sounds, a default. Individual items like deals and people can have their own visibility settings; these are controlled by 3 different fields: Visible-to settings, Ownership, and Followers.
The Visible-to settings establishes the actual visibility of the record. Visible-to settings can be edited in any detail view or in the list view.
Ownership establishes who owns the record and gets credited for the win/loss of the deal. If you own it, you can see/edit it. Every deal/person/organization you create or import will be owned by the user creating it, unless they specify a different ownership during the creation.
If you need to change Owner settings, later on they can be controlled in your detail views or your list views (same as the visible-to setting):
The Followers feature grants individual Pipedrive users full access to various records, as well as provides notifications on the records they're following.
Note: Notifications are delivered in-app, in the upper right corner next to your name.
Regular users can add themselves or other Pipedrive users as followers to deals, people, organizations that they have visibility of.
Admin users can add followers to an individual Pipedrive user's entire profile; this would provide visibility and notifications to the follower of ALL actions performed by the user that the follower is following.
Followers can be added in the Followers section of any record. See example here:
Once you're a follower, all notifications of the items you're following are delivered in that nifty little flag icon in the upper right corner of the app. See example: