Contact detail view
Much like the deal detail view, your contact detail view conveniently contains all the data relevant to your person or organization in one place.
At first glance, the contact detail view offers a lot of information, including the section on the right where you can:
- Write notes
- Create new activities
- Make calls using an integrated caller tool
- Send emails (with email sync)
- Upload files
- Create and link documents (with Smart Docs)
The sidebar section contains a wealth of pertinent information, which can be separated into two sections.
Your sidebar has several sections that offer a general overview of your contact’s data.
- Summary – always has the same four pieces of information: label(s), email address, phone number and linked organization/person
- Details – you can choose any available fields, both default and custom, to display here
- Overview – shows the activities created for the contact, as well as which users have interacted with it
You can also find any linked leads, deals, contacts and projects in your sidebar.
Managing your sidebar
There are two ways to change the visibility or the order of your sidebar sections.
You can click the gear icon in the top right corner of your contact’s summary.
Under the History of your item, you can select the Changelog.
This gives you a detailed list of updates made to your contact, including when these changes were made and by which user.
In the detail view, you can hover your cursor over certain items and see a card with that item’s data.
You can add or remove followers from a contact, including yourself, using the dropdown in the top right corner of your screen.
To remove a follower, hover over their name and click the trash can.
The Focus section ensures the most important information is visible when you open your contacts.
Here, you can find your upcoming activities, as well as email drafts and pinned notes.
You can click the downward arrow next to Focus to collapse the menu and access your history quickly.
This section includes any updates made to a contact and is divided into sections for easy filtering.