How can I set Gmail as my browser's default email client?
If you haven’t signed up for an Advanced or higher plan yet, but full email sync is enabled, clicking an email address in Pipedrive (or any mailto link) opens your default email client to compose the message.
If you want to write your emails with Gmail, you can set it as your default email client.
Open Gmail in Chrome and you should see the protocol handler icon in your browser’s address bar.
If you see the icon
- Click the icon in your browser’s address bar, select “Allow” and click “Done.”
- Click the Chrome menu icon in the top-right corner of your browser and choose “Settings.”
- Click Privacy and Security > Additional permissions > Protocol Handlers
- Make sure the “Sites can ask to handle permissions” option is enabled.
- Click the Firefox menu icon in the top-right corner of your desktop and choose “Settings.”
- Go to General > Files and Applications > mailto, click the down arrow and select “Use Gmail.”
- Click the Protocol Handler icon in your browser’s address bar, select “Allow” and click “Done.”
- In the top left corner, click Microsoft Edge > Settings.
- Go to Cookies and Site Permissions > Protocol Handlers and click the toggle to allow the protocol handler execution.
If you don't have an add-on already, start by opening up ”Safari Extensions.“
There, you can search mailto and choose an extension to download.
- Click here to download the Google Tooler for Internet Explorer.
- Once installed, click the wrench icon at the top-right corner of your Internet Explorer browser to open the Toolbar Options window.
- Scroll down to the Web-browsing tools section.
- Select "Use Gmail for 'Mail To' links" and click "Save". Now you're good to go!