Pipedrive integration: DocuSign
Electronic signatures have become widely accepted in the business world, and countless organizations are switching to paperless processes driven by the growth of online document management solutions.
DocuSign is a fast and reliable tool for electronically signing documents and agreements, and with the Pipedrive integration, you can request signatures, get envelope status updates and manage documents in one place.
- Go to Tools and apps > Integrations > DocuSign and click on “Connect now.”
- You’ll be redirected to the Pipedrive Marketplace. From there, click on “Install now.”
- A new window will open and prompt you to allow DocuSign to connect with Pipedrive. Choose the Pipedrive account you would like to connect with and click “Allow and Install.“
- You’ll be redirected to DocuSign, where you must allow access to the Pipedrive integration.
- Then you’ll be directed back to the DocuSign settings in your Pipedrive account.
To create envelopes and receive status updates in Pipedrive, you must first configure DocuSign. To do this, head to DocuSign, go to settings > updates, and then check the send individual messages status.
If it’s active, you can’t create envelopes or receive status updates from Pipedrive until you click “deactivate” on the right to switch the status to inactive.
Once it’s inactive, you can create envelopes and receive status updates from Pipedrive using the integration.
Where to create your envelopes
There are three places you can create a DocuSign envelope in Pipedrive:
- Using Smart Docs, click “Share”> “Create a DocuSign envelope.”
- In the detail view of a deal or contact, click the “...” next to a linked document, then select “Create a DocuSign envelope.”
- In the preview of a document, click “Share”> “Create a DocuSign envelope.”
How to edit before sending
After you click “Create a DocuSign envelope,” confirm the recipients for the envelope.
Then, edit your sending message and click “Edit in DocuSign.”
You’ll be redirected to DocuSign, where you can drag and drop fields from the left side of the screen into your document.
You can also click “Preview” in the top right corner to see what your envelope will look like when it's received.
Once the document has the signature fields, click “Send.” Recipients will get an email from DocuSign asking them to review and sign the document.
Tracking your signatures
Once you send a DocuSign envelope, you can track the signing process and its recipients’ most relevant information from the detail view where the document is linked.
Click on “X/X completed” to open the signing tracker, where you can see who has and hasn’t signed, as well as their basic information.
From this window you can also:
- Delete the envelope
- See the days left to sign
- Download the document
Tracking document views
When you send out a DocuSign envelope, the view tracker is shown alongside the document version. However, DocuSign does not support document tracking by showing the number of envelope views.
Still, you can track the document with the sharing link provided by Pipedrive. To obtain the link, click on “...” > “Share as link.”
Adjust the link settings if needed and click “Copy link.”
Now, you can publicly share your document and keep track of its views from Pipedrive.