Pipedrive integration: Quickbooks
With the Pipedrive-QuickBooks integration app, you can create invoices from the deal detail view and seamlessly send them over to your Quickbooks account without the hassle of copying and pasting data between the two tools.
The integration can also provide updated statuses on the invoices created from Pipedrive, so you'll know exactly when they are approved, paid, or overdue without leaving the Pipedrive app.
Enabling the Quickbooks integration
To connect your Quickbooks account to Pipedrive, go to Tools and apps > Invoicing and select "Quickbooks". You will be taken to the Pipedrive marketplace where you can complete the installation flow and grant the app access to your account. Uninstalling the app can be found under Tools and apps > Marketplace apps.
Once your valid Quickbooks login credentials have been confirmed, you will be directed back to your Pipedrive settings to configure your Quickbooks integration preferences.
When setting up your Quickbooks integration, you will need to choose the Pipedrive fields and the due date that will be auto-populated once an invoice is created in Pipedrive.
- To – This field is for who you want to address the invoice to. As invoices are typically paid by the accounts payable department of a company, we suggest using Pipedrive's Organization - Name field. You can also choose from other organizations, people contact and deal fields.
- Address – This field is for the physical address of the invoice's recipient. Since invoices are typically paid by the accounts payable department of a company, we suggest using Pipedrive's organization - Address field. You can also choose from other organizations, people contact and deal fields.
- Email –This field is the email address of the recipient of the invoice. As the email field in Pipedrive is a person-type field, we suggest utilizing Pipedrive's Person-Email field. You can also choose from other organizations, people contact and deal fields.
- Customer tax ID –Not all invoices require this information, but if you have created a custom field in Pipedrive to hold your customer's tax ID information, we suggest applying that field here.
- Due date – Here you can set up the due date of the payment. For example, if the due date is set for seven days after the issue date, an invoice created on March 13th will have a due date of March 20th.
Once you are satisfied with your choices for the Pipedrive fields to populate your Quickbooks invoices, click the "Save" button to save your integration preferences for your company Pipedrive account.
Using the Quickbooks integration
Once you've finished setting up your Quickbooks integration, you can head over to the detail view of any deal to create your first invoice. Click on the Invoice tab > + Invoice to get started.
You will be prompted to fill out the details of your invoice. The information added here will be sent to your Quickbooks account when the invoice is saved.
- Customer Details – These will be auto-filled based on the fields chosen when setting up your invoicing preferences for Quickbooks.
- Invoice Details – These details need to be filled out based on your company's needs. For example, if you would like to adjust the tax functions of this invoice, which currency should be used in this invoice, or any Quickbooks invoice templates you would like to use. Currency is a mandatory field for Quickbooks.
- Invoice Items – This field reflect the items – like goods or services – that make up the charges in your invoice. This will automatically populate with the products that are linked to your deal. Learn more about how to add products to your deals here. You can also add more items to your list.
Under Customer details, you will need to link the invoice to an existing customer in your Quickbooks account or create a new one.
Once a contact is linked, you will have the option to update customer info on the provider's side. If you have this enabled, the information added under Address, Email and Tax ID will be pulled into Quickbooks if it is different from the information saved.
Click on the "Create invoice" button once you've entered all of your invoice details.
Viewing your invoices
Your new invoice will appear under the Changelog in your detail view. The invoices in Pipedrive will reflect the following flags based on their statuses:
- Awaiting payment
- Partially paid
If you click on More "...", you will have these options:
- Void – Void any unpaid or paid invoices. Voided invoices cannot be unvoided.
- Delete – Delete the invoice.
- Send by email – Send any paid or due invoices directly to your customer. Invoices sent by email will be emailed from Quickbooks.
- Download PDF – Download a PDF version of your invoice to send to your clients directly.
- Open in QuickBooks – Clicking this option will bring you to your Quickbooks account where you can edit, send your invoice and accept payment.
Detail view sidebar
Your invoice history will also be added to the detail view's sidebar. Here you can refresh to bring in any new updates from Quickbooks, or click on More ("...") to go to settings or unlink your contact.
Was this article helpful?