Pipedrive Integration: WhatsApp by Twilio
WhatsApp is currently one of the most popular messaging apps with users in over 180 countries. With over 60 billion messages every day and in this digital era, organizations found an excellent opportunity to communicate with their customers through WhatsApp on a larger scale.
The Pipedrive Integration: WhatsApp by Twilio will allow you to have a more significant impact on customer satisfaction while expanding your reach, improving deliverability, increasing conversions, and achieving other important metrics to grow your business.
- To set up the WhatsApp by Twilio integration with your Pipedrive account, go to the Pipedrive Marketplace, search for WhatsApp by Twilio, and click on Install now. You can also install it by going to the Messaging inbox and clicking on the WhatsApp by Twilio panel.
- A new window will open where you can allow the integration to connect with Pipedrive. Choose which Pipedrive account you wish to connect to. To proceed, click Allow and Install.
- Select the app extension visibility in Pipedrive for your connection with WhatsApp by Twilio.
• Private visibility settings: Only the user who installed the app can see and reply to WhatsApp conversations in Messaging inbox and link them to contacts, leads, or deals in Pipedrive.
• Shared visibility settings: Any user in the company account can see and reply to WhatsApp conversations in Messaging inbox and link them to contacts, leads, or deals in Pipedrive.
- Now that the app has been installed, you will be redirected to the Messaging Settings in Pipedrive to complete the integration between Pipedrive and Twilio with WhatsApp enabled
- Twilio needs to approve your WhatsApp number before it can be used in Pipedrive. Follow the steps displayed in your integration flow to set up your Twilio account with your WhatsApp number.
- When the setup in Twilio is completed, authorize your Twilio account to connect to Pipedrive by entering your Account SID and Auth Token.
- Once you enter the correct credentials, your Twilio account will be connected to Pipedrive.
Upon completion, we recommend sending a test message to your WhatsApp Business account and check whether you can see it in Pipedrive’s Messaging inbox (Leads Inbox > Messaging).
Within the Messaging inbox, conversations are sorted by the last update date, meaning that the most recent one will be at the top, and the oldest conversation will be at the bottom.
Every conversation will display the last thirty messages exchanged automatically. To see the historical messages, scroll up in the conversation.
In the Messaging inbox you can create a deal, lead, or a contact connected to the new conversation, or link a conversation to a current deal, lead, or contact that you have open. You will see the options to add as new or link to existing items on the right-hand side of your screen.
Every message sent through Pipedrive should sync to WhatsApp and vice-versa.
If you no longer need the WhatsApp by Twilio app, or for troubleshooting purposes, you may want to uninstall it from your side.
From the Messaging inbox
- Go to Leads Inbox > Messaging and click on the gear icon.
- You will be redirected to the Messaging settings to continue with the uninstall.
- Go to Tools and app > Messaging and click on the trash can icon.
- Click on the red button to confirm that you wish to Remove the integration.
- You will be redirected to the main Messaging page, and you can start over with the installation if needed.