Troubleshooting: messaging inbox (BETA)
When using Pipedrive’s messaging inbox, you may run into technical issues such as not receiving desktop notifications as expected. We have gathered the most common reasons for these issues and some tips to fix them.
If you notice that you are not receiving notifications on your Pipedrive browser, it could be one of the following reasons:
- You are working in a messaging inbox conversation – If you have the Pipedrive web app open and are working directly in the messaging inbox window, no desktop notifications will appear for that specific conversation. This means that when you have the messaging inbox window open, you will only see desktop notifications from different conversations that you are not currently focused on.
- You have your desktop notifications switched off – To receive desktop notifications from the messaging inbox, you will need to make sure that you have desktop notifications enabled. To check your messaging notifications settings, click on the bell icon in the messaging inbox.
The most common issues with desktop notifications are caused by your browser settings.
Here are some of the most common browser issues:
- Browser not running – For most browsers, the browser application needs to run for a notification to appear. It is not necessary for the Pipedrive tab to be open for notifications to appear, but the browser needs to be open.
- The browser does not support notifications – Some browsers may not support notifications. We suggest using Google Chrome or Firefox, as both browsers support desktop notifications.
- Notifications are disabled in the browser – For some browsers to show desktop notifications, you will need to enable notifications.
- Desktop notifications are not enabled in messaging inbox – You must first enable desktop messaging inbox notifications for your Pipedrive company.
How can I enable desktop notifications on my browser?
- For Mac:
Go to System preferences > Notifications > Google Chrome (or your browser) > Allow Notifications.
- For Windows:
Go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Under Get notifications from these senders select Google Chrome (or your browser).
How can I enable desktop notifications for my Pipedrive company?
The easiest way to enable desktop notifications for your Pipedrive company account is to click on “allow desktop notifications” from your messaging notification settings window.
Then, on the browser’s confirmation modal window, click “Allow”.
Computer Do Not Disturb setting enabled
Most systems have a Do Not Disturb setting that will prevent you from receiving notifications when enabled. Desktop notifications will not appear if your computer is set to Do Not Disturb.
- For Mac:
You can change the Do Not Disturb setting in the Notifications section under your System Preferences. Learn how to use the Do Not Disturb feature in this article.
- For Windows 10:
This feature is called Focus assist. It is located in the panel on the right-hand side of your screen and can also be accessed via settings. Learn how to use Focus assist in this article.
Reset your notifications
If the tips above did not fix the technical issues with your notifications, you should reset them.
To do so:
- Block notifications for [yourcompany].pipedrive.com domain
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Allow notifications again
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies again
- Click on “Reset permission”
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
Once this is done, a new notification request will be created and the old one removed. Any issues connected to possible wrong requests will then be resolved.
If the problems persist after all of the above, try another browser. This way, we can determine if it is a browser-specific issue.
If the issues persist after the steps above, contact our support team.
Was this article helpful?