When managing a team, there will be occasions when you will want certain users to not see specific information in your account. To allow you to categorize your users and dictate what items they will be allowed access to see, Pipedrive offers visibility groups.
While permission sets in Pipedrive dictate what actions the users in your account are able to perform, visibility groups dictate what information your users are able to view in Pipedrive.
To begin configuring your permission sets, go to Settings > Manage Users > visibility groups. The number of visibility groups you have is dependent on which subscription plan your company account is on.
Essential and Advanced plans
If you are on the Essential or Advanced plan, you will have one default group for all of your users. You can configure the visibility of your leads, deals, people, organizations and products to one of two options:
- Owner and followers: Only the owner and followers of that item will be able to view and edit the item.
- Entire company: All users in the Pipedrive company are allowed to view and edit the item.
Professional and Enterprise plans
If you are on the Professional or Enterprise plan, you have the ability to create additional visibility groups – and sub-groups, if needed – for more detailed visibility breakdowns for the users in your Pipedrive company account.
Professional accounts will have 3 groups (including sub-groups), and Enterprise accounts will have unlimited groups.
- Owner only: This option is the most strict – outside of admin users and users in the parent group, the only user allowed to view or edit details related to the item with this visibility is the owner of that item.
- Owner's visibility group: For this option, Pipedrive provides visibility to any item created by a user in this group to any other user in this same visibility group, as well as any admin user in the account and users in any parent group to this one.
- Owner's visibility group and sub-groups: In this option, visibility is open to almost any other user in the company, except for users who have not been assigned to a visibility group in Pipedrive. Any admin user and any user in the same, above, or below visibility groups will be able to see items created by a user in this group.
- Entire company: all users in the Pipedrive company are allowed to view and edit details related to items with this visibility setting.
To add a user to a visibility group, search for that user in the search bar. A Pipedrive user can only be associated with one visibility group at a time.
To change which visibility group a user is in, click the "Move user from another group" dropdown and select the name of the user you wish to join that visibility group.
The Visible-to settings for an item in Pipedrive – like a deal, lead, contact person, or organization – dictate that item's specific visibility. An item's visibility can differ from the visibility set by visibility group ownership. The visible-to settings can be edited in any detail view or in the list view.
Similar to the information above, the visible-to options are the same as the visibility options specific to your Pipedrive plan.
- Deal or contacts detail view:
- Leads detail view:
- List view:
Ownership establishes who owns the deal or person in question and gets credited for the winning or losing of the deal. If you own an item in Pipedrive, you have permission to both see and edit it.
Every deal, person, or organization created or imported will be marked as being owned by the user who created it unless otherwise marked as being owned by another user.
If you need to change owner settings, they can be controlled in the detail view or list view, similar to the visible-to setting noted above.