In business communications, it can be prudent to send the same email to multiple recipients. With the group emailing feature in Pipedrive, you can do exactly that.
To use the group emailing feature, you need the following:
- Email sync enabled with a valid email account
- If you’re a regular user, you need an admin user to enable “Bulk edit items” under global permission settings
How to send group emails
The group emailing function is available in the following places in Pipedrive:
- The list view of the leads tab
- The list view of the deals tab
- The list view of the people tab
- The list view of the activities tab
- The contacts timeline view of the contacts tab
Once multiple contacts are selected in any of the places listed above, you can click the “Send group email” button to send a specific email to all selected or linked contacts at once.
You’ll need to provide relevant details about the email being sent to that group of contacts.
- Recipients – The contacts chosen before clicking the “Send group email” button will appear in this column. In this area, you can also search for and add additional contacts.
- Email template – You can select a template to send a previously-constructed email. Learn more about email templates in this article.
- Visibility – Emails can be set to appear as visible to other Pipedrive users based on visibility permissions, or set as private. Learn more about visibility in this article.
Once you have provided those details, click the “Send Message” button to send those emails.
Viewing your sent emails
You can go to the Outbox section of the email tab to view your pending emails, or the Sent section to see your sent emails.
In the outbox section of the email tab, you’ll be shown the recipient(s), email subject, visibility and status of that specific email.
Once an email has been sent, it won’t be available in the outbox section of the email tab.
Instead, those emails will be viewable in the sent section.
How to use filters when sending group emails
To filter out the contacts you’ve already emailed, go to the people list view, click the dropdown menu in the top right corner, and select “Add new filter.”
Once there, you have a couple of options for filters.
You can use the last email received filter to remove any contacts that have received emails from you within a specified time frame:
You can also use the email messages count filter.
For example, if you have a brand new list of contacts to email, you can set the filter to email messages count > is > zero.
This will show only contacts who have never had an email sent to them.
With either filter, as soon as a contact is sent an email, they will be removed from the filtered list.
Was this article helpful?