In the busy day-to-day operation of your business, it may often be more prudent to send the same email to large groups of your leads. This can be especially useful for beginning those important initial conversations with your leads, in order to get the ball rolling and begin closing those deals.
The group emailing function is available in the following places in Pipedrive:
- The list view of the deals tab
- The list view of the contact people tab
- The list view of the activities tab
- The contacts timeline view of the contacts tab
Learn more about the list view in this article.
Once multiple contacts are selected in any of the places listed above, the “Send group email” button will appear. To send a specific email to all of the selected contacts at once, click the “Send group email” button.
You can select up to one hundred contacts when sending one email. If you need to send an email to more than that number of recipients, we suggest repeating the process of sending a group email as many times as necessary.
Once that button has been clicked, you will be prompted to provide the relevant details about the email you wish to send to that group of contacts.
- Recipients – All of the contacts that were chosen prior to clicking the “Send group email” button will appear in a list in this column. In this area, you are able to also search for and add additional contacts to this group email.
- Email template – As you may wish to send a previously-constructed email to these groups of contacts, we suggest utilizing Pipedrive’s email templates to save precious time and effort. Learn more about email templates in this article.
- Visibility – Emails can be set to appear as visible to other Pipedrive users, based on certain visibility permissions. Otherwise, they can be set as private, keeping your business conversations to be your eyes only. Learn more about visibility in this article.
Once you have provided all of those details, you’re free to click the “Send message” button to send off those emails to this group of contacts.
Once those emails have been sent, you can go to the Outbox section of the email tab in your company Pipedrive account in order to view each specific email as it is queued up and sent to that specific contact.
In the outbox section of the email tab, you will be shown the email's recipient, the email subject, any connected deal, the visibility status of that email and the status of that specific email.
The status of the email can be "Queued", "Sending" or "Sent".
Once an email has been sent, it will no longer be available in the outbox section of the email tab. Instead, those emails will be viewable using the sent section as if they were any other email sent through the email sync feature of Pipedrive.