MailChimp is an email marketing service provider used to design and distribute email marketing campaigns. This impressive product can easily be integrated into Pipedrive, allowing you to export any desired list of contacts from Pipedrive into MailChimp, and begin your email campaigns.
Note: Integrating MailChimp with your Pipedrive account requires a MailChimp account. To create a MailChimp account, click here.
Integrating MailChimp with Pipedrive
- In Pipedrive, go to Tools and apps > Mailchimp.
- Click the Connect now button, found next to the MailChimp logo.
- Log in using your MailChimp log-in credentials. If you do not recall your MailChimp credentials, read here.
- Upon successfully logging in, you will be routed back to Pipedrive, with your account connected.
Exporting Pipedrive Contacts to MailChimp
Once you've connected Pipedrive with MailChimp, you will have the option to export your People to a MailChimp list. Before that can occur, you need to have a list in MailChimp to hold those Contacts.
- In MailChimp, click on the Lists option on the upper grey bar.
- Click on the Create List button, found to the right.
- Provide a name and relevant details for the MailChimp list you are creating, and click Save.
- Once saved, your created list should appear there in that Lists tab.
Once your list has been created in MailChimp, you have the option to export Contacts from your Pipedrive account into that list within MailChimp.
- To begin, go to the Contacts - People tab of your Pipedrive account.
- Click the ... button and select the Export to MailChimp option.
- Select the MailChimp list you would like to export your Pipedrive contacts into, and click Export.
- These contacts will be exported into that list. You are able to close the prompt, as this contact-transfer process will occur in the background.
Note: If you export the same list of contacts to MailChimp on multiple occasions, you do not need to worry about creating duplicates in the MailChimp list, as MailChimp recognizes duplicate entries and ignore duplicated entries.
- If you keep the prompt open, you will then receive confirmation that the process is complete.
- If you proceed back to MailChimp, you will find those recently-exported contacts in the chosen list, waiting to be part of your next email marketing campaign.
Note: This integration is not a full sync, and simply allows for a seamless export of your contacts from Pipedrive to a list in your MailChimp account. Only the contact person's name field and default email address field will be exported from Pipedrive into Mailchimp with the Mailchimp integration. Other integrations — like Pipechimp — may provide a sync between your MailChimp and Pipedrive accounts.