Note: The Pipedrive Web Forms are branded with the Pipedrive logo for companies with a Essential plan subscription. The Pipedrive logo is removed for companies with a Advanced, Professional, or Enterprise plan subscription. To learn more about the useful features of Pipedrive's plans, click here.
Note: This action is only available to Admin Users.
Pipedrive's Web Forms make life simple — allowing you to set up your own personalized form for your website, to feed directly into the pipeline of your choosing — giving you control over where the data goes once the customer provides it for you.
In Pipedrive, that means that you can construct a web form that asks for specific information, and when a customer provides you with that information, it will automatically be stored within Pipedrive — as a Deal, with either a Person or Organization — based on the questions asked.
You can also add up to ten email addresses to be notified when a new submission is made into the web form, allowing you to immediately put your best foot forward and get started closing your sales.
To create a web form in Pipedrive, go to Settings > Tools > Web forms. and click on Create form to begin.
You can then configure which fields you want to prompt your customers to fill in their form. You'll be able to select from a dropdown of various Pipedrive fields, which you can customize a customer-facing message for.
Within the Pipedrive web form, the following fields can be customized:
- Web form Title: This is internal and will not be shown to customers, it's just to help keep you organized.
- Web form Description: As with the title, this is not public and only for organizational purposes.
- Owner: This user will be the owner of any deal created from the web form.
- Pipeline Stage: The pipeline stage that your web form-created deals will be created in.
- Deal Prefix: A prefix for deals created by the web form so you can easily see them in your Pipeline.
- Introduction Message: This custom message will be visible to customers when beginning to fill in the web form.
- Success message: This custom message will display for your customers once they've submitted the web form.
- Fields: These are the required fields customers will need to enter when filling in the web form.
To add a new field into your web form, click the Add new field button, and select the intended field from the dropdown list.
These fields are the information you ask your customers to provide in the form. The provided information will become the Pipedrive information for the Deal, Note, Person and/or Organization created by the web form.
You may customize the wording of any question or statement in the form, based on your how you wish to address your prospective customers.
Any field can be made mandatory, meaning that the web form cannot be completed until the mandatory field is filled out by the customer. Some fields are Required — such as Person Name and Organization Name — as those Pipedrive items cannot be created without a name.
- Deal Title: Allows the customer to customize the title of your deal for you.
- Deal Value: Allows the customer to specify the monetary amount of the deal. Only a number can be entered. Your default currency will be applied to the number.
- Deal Expected close date: Allows the customer to specify the expected close date, which is the date that specifies where the deal shows up in the Forecast View.
- Person Name: Allows the customer to specify their own name.
- Person Phone: Allows the customer to specify their phone number.
- Person Email: Allows the customer to specify their e-mail address.
- Organization Name: Allows the customer to specify the name of the organization they represent.
- Organization Address: Allows the customer to specify the physical address of the organization they represent.
- Custom fields: Custom fields of the text, single-option, or multiple-option type from your People, Organizations, and Deals can be documented in web forms.
Once you've customized your web form, you have the option to preview it, to have an idea of how it would appear to the customer.
You also have the ability to customize certain color options in your web form, to match the page you wish to host it on.
Once your form appears how you intend, click the Save button.
Once the web form has been saved, you may alter it at any time by clicking the Edit button, where you can Duplicate, Disable, or Delete that web form.
Once saved, the web form can be embedded on your web site, so that you can begin bringing in prospective customers.
For more information on how to embed a web form, click here.