When managing a team, there will be occasions when you will want certain users to not perform certain tasks, to reduce the chance of mistakes or duplication of a user's workload. To allow you to categorize your users and dictate what actions they will be allowed access to, Pipedrive offers Permission Sets.
While visibility groups in Pipedrive dictate what users in your account are able to see, permission sets inform what actions that certain groups of users are allowed to perform within Pipedrive.
To begin designing your permission sets, go to Settings > Manage Users > Permission sets.
The level of customization you are able to design in your Permission Sets is set by which Pipedrive plan your account is currently on. For information on how to change your Pipedrive plan, click here.
- The Essential and Advanced plans have two permission sets — Admin User and Regular User. The Regular User permission set can be customized for specific permissions and name.
- The Professional plan has three permission sets — Admin User, Manager, and Regular User. Both the Manager and Regular User sets are customizable, like above.
- The Enterprise plan has further permissions — all of the above, plus additional custom sets. Every permission set except for the Admin User set is fully customizable.
To add a user to a permission set, search for that user in the search bar. A Pipedrive user may only be associated to one permission set at a time.
To change which permission set a user is in, select the new permission set from the 'Change set' dropdown next to that user's name.
Note: Only Admin users will be able to delete products, organizations, and people.
Admin Users in the Pipedrive account are able to perform any action and view all items in the company Pipedrive account.
Any user in a different permission set will be limited in what they are able to do or see, based on the following parameters:
- Change the visibility of items— Users will be able to change the visibility of specific items in Pipedrive.
- See the names of hidden items— Users will be able to see the names of items they do not have visibility of. These items will show as "(hidden)" if the permission is off.
- Export data from item lists— Users will be able to export data from Pipedrive using the Export data option in any List View.
- Delete deals— Users will be able to delete deals.
- Delete activities— Users will be able to delete activities.
- Convert deals to leads— Users will be able to convert deals to leads. The "Delete deals" permission will also need to be enabled since converting a deal to a lead will act as deleting the deal.
- See company's statistics— Users will be able to see general company statistics under the Progress tab.
- See other users' statistics— Users will be able to see the statistics of other users in the company account under the Progress tab.
- See other users— Users will be able to see the names of other users in the account.
- See the summary on the Deals page—Users will be able to see the total number and value of deals by stage and pipeline.
- See all items of other users they are following— Users will be able to view the items owned by users they are following.
- Merge deals— Users will be able to merge deals.
- Merge people— Users will be able to merge people contacts.
- Merge organizations—Users will be able to merge organizations.
- Share filters— Users will be able to share their filters with other users.
- Edit shared filters—Users will be able to make changes to shared filters.
- Edit deals won/lost date— Users will be able to edit a deal's won or lost date. These fields are important for maintaining accurate statistics.
- Bulk edit items—Users will be able to use the bulk edit function in the List View.
- Use API—Users will be able to access their own API token.
- Import items— When on, users can import data — like deals, contacts, products, or activities — into Pipedrive.
- Use email tracking—Users will be able to use the open tracking and link tracking functionality with their email sync.
- Modify labels—Users will be able to add, edit, and delete deal, contact and lead labels. Please be aware that whether this permission set is selected or not, regular users can always assign labels.
- Add custom fields—Users will be able to add custom fields.
- Edit custom fields— Users will be able to edit custom fields.
- Delete custom fields— Users will be able to delete custom fields.
- Add products— Users will be able to add products to the products catalog.
- Edit products— Users will be able to edit products.
- See Security Dashboard— This allows for users in this permission set to see user access and security related activities in your Pipedrive account.
- Create Insights dashboard link—This allows for users in this permission set to create sharable Insights links.
- Create workflows— Users can create workflows with the workflow automation feature.
- Add Prospector leads— Users can add leads from Prospector to the Leads Inbox.