How can I have multiple pipelines?
Jenny Takahara, June 13, 2022
Note: Only admin users can set up new pipelines. If you are not sure what stages you want to set up, we have tips on setting up stages for your company's pipelines.
To add a new pipeline to your Pipedrive account:
- Go to the pipeline view and click on the pipeline dropdown.
- Click "+ New pipeline".
The pipeline is then added to your account and you can now start editing its stages. Once the stages are to your specification, hit "Save".
When should I use multiple pipelines?
Using multiple pipelines can be quite useful in certain situations. For instance:
- You may be a company that offers different kinds of products that may need their own proprietary stages during the closure of a deal.
- Or you may have both a product as well as a service that you sell in your company. The service could easily have a longer pipeline.
- You may also want to track the delivery of sold items after they're won.
It is not suggested for:
- Categorizing your deals by location or industry type (or anything else) if the stages are the same. We suggest using custom fields instead.
- Separating deals by a salesperson. That is already done automatically by Pipedrive through the owner field.
In this way, you will have a chance to see the entire pipeline in one view, but you can also create filters to see any segment of the pipeline that you wish.
Note: It's not possible to get a combined view of all pipelines, even if the stage names are the same. Within the Pipedrive database, those pipelines and stages are still separated.
Was this article helpful?