Insights: collaboration feature
Reduce manual work and save time by editing shared Insights reports with your team.
Click the “Share” button on the top right corner of your dashboard or report to open the share modal.
You will see the ”Share with users” tab as default. Look for the user or team on the search bar.
Once you select the user, you can choose the rights you want to grant (viewer, editor) as well as the options to transfer ownership and remove access.
The available actions for shared dashboards and reports depend on the rights the owner is giving to other users.
When a report or dashboard is shared, you will see an icon on the item in the navigation bar.
You can remove yourself from a dashboard or report that was shared with you.
Open the shared dashboard or report. Click on ”...”, then ”Remove from your dashboards”.
What happens when two people edit a dashboard at the same time?
- The last user saving the dashboard will be notified about the other simultaneous changes. They will need to refresh the page and try again.
What happens when two people edit a report at the same time?
- The last user saving the report will be notified about the other simultaneous changes. They will see the option to either save it as a new report or discard their changes.
How can I generate a public link for a report?
- Currently, public links for reports are not supported.
What happens to a shared dashboard when the owner is deactivated?
- If the owner of a dashboard that was shared with more users (view or edit rights) is deactivated, the dashboards and its reports will be transferred to the first user in the list with admin permissions.
Can you change how often the data in a shared dashboard is updated?
You can, but two conditions must be met:
- You must be the owner of the public link
- The link must be opened in the browser it was copied from
If a different user opens the dashboard link, or the link is opened on a different device, the update interval will reset to its default (one hour.)