You may be wondering why your settings page looks different than what you've been seeing in some of our training material. This is most likely because you're not an admin user in your Pipedrive account. In Pipedrive, there are 2 types of users; regular and admin.
Admin users: Have full control and visibility over the entire account, with the exception of private emails. They also cannot delete themselves or take away their own administrative rights; only a fellow admins can. Pipedrive can have as many admin users as you wish.
Note - The first user to start a new trial account is automatically given admin rights. Admins added subsequently can remove the admin rights of the first user if need be.
Regular users: Are subject to the permissions that the admin establishes.
Need to become an admin? Click here to learn how admin rights are given. (only current admins can give admin rights to regular users)
Settings page of an Admin user:
All the same rights as a regular user; but with the following additions:
- Update Billing
- Add/remove/edit users
- Change Pipedrive account name
- Control company visibility & permissions
- Create goals for other users
- Create/edit custom fields
- Create/edit pipelines & stages
- Control VOIP configurations
- Establish push notifications
- Enable features
- Full visibility to all deals/people/etc (regardless of visibility settings)
- Import/Export Data
Settings page of a Regular user:
All the normal day to day functions of Pipedrive:
- Access to personal API keys
- Access to personal integrations (Google contacts, mailchimp, etc)
- Add/edit rights to any deal/person/organization the user has visibility to
- Change/update own email address (so long as the email doesn't exist in Pipedrive already)
- Change personal password
- Create personal goals
- Create/edit filters in the list views
- Establish personal activity reminder emails and notification emails
- Establish personal User Interface settings
- Establish personal email-integration settings