Note: The Caller feature can only be configured by admin users. The Caller feature is one of the many features available on our Professional plan. To learn how to change plans, click here.
Getting your Pipedrive company set up with the Caller feature is quick and easy. To begin, navigate to Settings > Calling.
The Caller settings page is divided into three sections:
- Company allows you to manage your credit and govern company-wide caller settings.
- Users allows you to invite individuals in your company to connect their phone numbers to caller.
- Personal allows you to configure your phone number and set your Callto Syntax, and is available to regular and admin users.
This section displays how much Caller credit your company currently holds.
Calls made from the Caller use this credit. How much credit is used per call varies, and is determined by the call duration and local calling rates.
Credit is added to your account on the following basis:
- Professional plan subscribers receive $4.00 in credit per user, per month, as part of their subscription. Unused subscriber credit expires monthly.
- Trial subscribers are granted $0.50 in credit to test the feature. Unused trial credit expires at the end of one's trial subscription.
- Additional credit may be purchased in $5.00, $10.00, or $15.00 increments. Additionally purchased credit does not expire, and is retained until used.
Labelling the outcome of your calls is a great way to get good and actionable data about your sales process. You can select a call outcome at the conclusion of your call, and these outcomes are saved along with the call as part of the logged activity.
You can use this section to create, rename or delete custom outcomes. You can also enable or disable any call outcome for your company’s use.
- To disable the use of a particular outcome, slide the toggle to the left of the outcome from green to grey. If disabled, a call outcome will be retained on existing calls, but won't appear as an option on new calls.
- To add an outcome, click ADD CALL OUTCOME at the bottom of this section.
- To rename a custom outcome, hover over the outcome, click the pencil icon, write the new name into the text box, and hit save.
- To delete a custom outcome, hover over the outcome, and click delete.
Recording outgoing sales calls is a good way to ensure that you do not lose any important details, and help maintain call consistency and quality from your team.
These options allow you to:
- Enable or disable call recording
- Give users the option to pick which of their calls get recorded
- Give users the option to download call recordings.
Any recorded calls can be played or downloaded from the detail view of the relevant deal or contact. Recorded calls are securely stored for two months.
This section allows you to invite regular users to connect their phone numbers to use the Caller, view which users are connected to which numbers, and restrict access to the feature.
Admin users will appear as admin in this section, and will always have Caller enabled by default. Regular users will have an Add button next to their name until you invite them to use Caller. Once invited, a user will appear as either Not connected or Connected.
- To invite a regular user to connect their number, click Add. This sends your user an email prompting them to connect their number.
- To view which numbers a user has connected, hover over their name and click the gear icon.
- To revoke Caller access to a specific user, hovering over the user’s name, click on the gear icon > trashcan icon > Remove.
Regular users and admin users can use this section to adjust their personal calling method and connect or disconnect their phone number to Caller.
Default Calling Method
You can adjust the callto method Pipedrive uses when one clicks on a phone number in the web app. For companies using Caller, this defaults to Pipedrive Calling Method. The syntax associated with Pipedrive Calling method is caller:[number]?call. To learn more about Call Syntax, click here.
You can connect most mobile or landline phone numbers to Pipedrive on this page. Connecting your number to Pipedrive allows you to use the Caller, and is the number that the person you are calling will see on their caller ID. Any calls you make from a connected number will still come from Pipedrive, however, so you don't need to worry about incurring any costs from your phone provider.
To connect your number, click connect to caller, select your country, enter your phone number, and click Receive a validation call.
The number you entered will then receive a validation call. Once you answer, your Pipedrive web app will display a validation code for you to enter via the dial pad on your phone.
Once you have entered the code onto your phone's dial pad successfully, your Pipedrive web app will display a success message indicating that you're ready to call from Pipedrive.