Facebook Lead Ads makes it easy to connect with and expand on your audience. When someone clicks on your Lead Ad, their contact information from Facebook is automatically added to the Lead Ad form.
Thanks to Zapier doing what they do best, you can easily transfer those Facebook Lead Ads submissions to Pipedrive as contact People. Custom fields are supported as well, so you can create custom filters to categorize the incoming People.
What you'll need.
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- You'll need Pipedrive, Facebook, and Zapier accounts. Zapier is an integration application that will connect your Facebook Lead Ads to your Pipedrive account. Learn more here.
- Zapier’s Facebook Leads Ads Zap is a Premium app. To use it, you’ll need a Zapier paid plan.
- To complete this process, you'll set up a Lead Ad in Facebook and create a connecting Zap in Zapier, which will add new leads to your Pipedrive People list.
Setting Up Your Facebook Lead Ad
To ensure you collect the most useful information from leads, the fields included in your Lead Ad form should match the fields in your Pipedrive People profiles here. You can customize your Pipedrive People fields here.
Before you begin creating your lead ads campaign, we advise having someone from your legal team review the questions you plan to ask on your form, as well as go over the lead ads policies and terms of service. Once you're ready, make sure you also have:
- Access to your business's Facebook Page.
- An image for your ad.
Create a lead ads campaign in Ads Manager or Power Editor
- Go to your Ads Manager of Power Editor.
- In Ads Manager: Click Create Ad in the top right.
- In Power Editor: Click Create Campaign in the top left.
- Choose Collect leads for your business as your ad objective, and choose the Page from the dropdown menu.
- Review the Lead Ad Terms of Service and click Agree.
- Enter a campaign name and click Set Audience & Budget.
- Choose the audience for your ad, such as location, interests, age, and gender.
- Set your Budget, Schedule, Audience, Placement, Optimization & Pricing and Delivery Type. Unlike other campaign types, you cannot target lead ads to people under the age of 18.
- Once you've set your audience and budget details, click Choose Ad Creative.
- Add text and images or video for your ad. We recommend providing more context than normal because you'll be asking people to take a specific action. See more of our best practices for lead ads.
- Add a Call To Action button, and choose a Conversion Tracking Pixel if you're using one.
- Under What information do you want to collect from people? click Create New Form.
- Give your form a name and select a language. Keep in mind the language you choose here is the language your audience will view your form in.
- Under Show Advanced Options you can choose to:
- Edit field IDs to change the column names for your data when you export your leads. This may be useful if your CRM requires specific column names to receive your leads.
- Include organic leads when you download your leads. Choose this to include leads from people who see the ad either because they've been tagged in the comments or complete a form when viewing an ad preview in Ads Manager or Power Editor.
- Add a context card.
- Under What information would you like to ask for? you'll see Full name and Email address are checked. You can also click More options if you want to ask for more info.
You can also use this section to create custom questions.
- When you're finished adding questions (3 is the maximum), click Next.
- Enter the website URL you want people to go to after they complete your form, then click Next.
- Navigate through your form preview and make changes if necessary.
- Click Create Form.
After you set up your Lead Ad, test it to see how it appears on desktop and mobile devices. For more information on how to set up and test your Lead Ads, take a look at Facebook's guides on how to create a Lead Ad, preview the ads you create, and Facebook's Lead Ad Testing Tool.
Categorizing your People
In Pipedrive, filters can be created that will allow you to categorize your People, Deals, and/or Organizations in manageable groups. Now may be a good time to create specific filters in Pipedrive, that target some of the specific criteria you expect to receive from Facebook ad leads. Learn more about how to create filters in Pipedrive here.
Configuring Your Zap in Zapier
Click here to get this Zap or in your Zapier account, add a Facebook Lead Ads Zap. Choose the Facebook Page and Lead Ad form you want to use.
When setting up the Zapier connection, you'll be able to select custom fields from your Lead Ad and match them with the custom fields you've created in Pipedrive.
Note - Your Facebook Lead Ads Zap will only pull lead data from the specific Lead Ad form associated with the Zap. To pass over lead data from a different Facebook Lead Ad form, set up a separate Zap.
For setup tips and instructions, read Zapier's guide to Facebook Lead Ads.