Deals: what they are and how to add them
In Pipedrive, the ongoing transaction you’re pursuing with a person or organization is tracked as a deal, and processed through the stages of your pipeline until it's either WON or LOST.
For a great illustration of the relationship between your contacts and deals, check out this article about Pipedrive’s data organization.
Clicking on a deal opens its detail view, where you can see any linked contacts, products, projects or activities.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about deals:
- Leads can be converted into deals, and deals can be converted into leads.
- Deals can be linked to a person, organization or project. Any changes made to a linked item are also reflected in the deal.
- Activities and products can both be linked to a deal.
- Deals track all events and movements that take place throughout your sales process.
- Deals can be imported from a previous CRM or imported from a CSV or XLS file.
- You can track the progress of your deals using Insights reports.
There are a variety of ways you can add a new deal to your Pipedrive account.
The “+ Deal” button
This button is found in your pipeline view, forecast view and deal list view.
The "+" button
This option is located in your person or organization detail view under the deals section.
You can also find it in the contacts timeline.
The “Add new deal” button
This option can be found in your person or organization detail view.
If you have an existing deal you want to link to the email, select “Link to existing.”
You can add multiple deals at the same time using the importing process.
Start by going to “...”> Import data.
Make sure you have a column for deal title in the spreadsheet you’re importing, and map it to the field of the same name in Pipedrive.