Goals are a great way to track progress and ensure that you and your team consistently meet the targets that keep your business running.
To add a goal in Pipedrive, go to your Insights and click “+” > Goal.
You can choose from the following goal types:
- Added – based on the number or value of new deals added to your account.
- Progressed – based on the number or value of deals entering a certain pipeline stage. Deals progression goals also appear in the pipeline view.
- Won – based on the number or value of total won deals. Deals won by value also appear in the revenue forecast report.
- Added – based on the number of new activities added by type
- Completed – based on the number of activities marked as done
- Revenue forecast – based on the weighted value of open and won deals (Professional plans and higher.)
You need to provide certain information about a goal when you’re creating it.
- Assignee – Goals can be assigned to specific users, teams or the entire company. Available options are based on your plan and permission status.
- Pipeline (deals) – You can choose one or more pipelines or have the goal apply to all -pipelines.
- Frequency – Goals can be measured weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
- Duration – When you want your goal to start and end. If you have no end date for your goal, you can leave this field blank.
- Tracking metric (deals) – Dictates how your goal is counted.
- Count – You can track your deal goals by deal value or deal count.
Activity goals also include an activity-type field.
And forecast goals replace the count field with a value field (the currency is your account’s default currency.)
Click “Save” to create your goal.
Goals seasonality lets you set targets for different time periods per goal, reflecting the difference in expected sales at certain points.
To create seasonal goals, click the checkbox for ”Specify individual period goals.“
Once the checkbox is marked, use the count boxes to select specific goal points for different periods. To save your changes each period must have a value.
Select ”Apply to all“ to add your count value to every period.
Once you’re done, save your progress and the goal will appear with the specific period targets reflected.
You can see all of your active or past goals under the Goals section of your Insights navigation.
On the top, you’ll see the details of your goal, including the duration and involved team members.
Hover your cursor over goal details and click the pencil icon to update the filters for your goal.
You can also hover your cursor over the title of your goal and click the pencil icon to edit it.
Below the details section of your goal is the chart used to visualize your data.
You can hover over any of the bars in the graph to see a summary of the data there.
If you click one of the graph bars you’ll see a full list view of the relevant data.
You can choose the time interval represented in your chart, export it (PDF or PNG format) or click the ”...“ to customize the colors of your columns.
You can add a goal to your dashboard by clicking “Add to dashboard” and selecting a dashboard.
You can also drag a goal directly to your dashboard.
The ability for users to view goals depends on their role and permission settings: See company’s statistics and See other users’ statistics.
- Admin users can always view company, team and user goals.
- Team managers can always view their team’s goals, but need both permissions on to view company and non-team user goals.
- Regular users can always view their own goals, but need both permissions on to view company, team or other users’ goals.