Note: These options may require that you enable the Open email links in new tab option within Pipedrive. To learn how to enable this, read more here.
If you haven't signed up for the Gold plan yet and enabled full email sync, whenever you click an email address in Pipedrive (or any mailto link), a command is sent to your browser to begin composing an email to that person using your web browser's default email client. For many people, this may be Outlook or Apple Mail, but what if you wish to use Gmail?
Chrome: How to Set Gmail as Your Default Email Client
- Open Gmail in Chrome and click the Protocol Handler icon in your browser's address bar. If you don't see this icon, skip ahead to step 3.
- When prompted to Allow Gmail to open all email links?, select Allow, and click Done. Then you're done! Skip steps 3-5.
- If you were unable to see the Protocol Handler icon , click the Chrome menu icon in the top right corner of your browser, and choose Settings.
- Click the Show Advanced Settings link at the bottom of the screen. Then click the Content Settings button under the Privacy header.
- In the pop-up window, scroll down to the Handlers section and click the Manage Handlers button. Then select Gmail from the mailto dropdown, click Done.
Note: If you are having issues enabling this, you can also use the Mailto extension for Google Chrome.
Firefox: How to Set Gmail as Your Default Email Client
- In the top left corner of your Firefox browser, click the Firefox menu button, and select Options.
- Click the Applications tab, type "mailto" into the search bar, and click the drop-down arrow next to the Action column.
- Select Use Gmail, click OK, and you're done!
Internet Explorer: How to Set Gmail as Your Default Email Client
- Click here to download the Google Tooler for Internet Explorer.
- Once installed, click the wrench icon at the top right corner of your Internet Explorer browser to open the Toolbar Options window.
- Scroll down to the Web-browsing tools section.
- Select Use Gmail for 'Mail To' links," and click Save. Now you're good to go!
Safari: How to Set Gmail as Your Default Email Client
- Click here to download the Mailto extension for the Safari browser.
- Once installed, click the arrow at the top right of your Safari browser, click the download, and click Install in the pop-up window.
- Select Gmail from the list of options.
- Restart your browser, and you're all set!