Everybody knows Google is an excellent source for managing both your personal and business life. Syncing with Google Calendar can bring several benefits to your Pipedrive workflow, like making your Pipedrive activities visible through Google Calendar, and vice versa.
Note: You will first want to make sure your Google Account is connected to Pipedrive. To learn more about that, click here.
Once you have connected your Pipedrive account with your Google account, you can sync your account with Google Calendar:
- Go to Settings > Personal > Connections > Google Calendar.
- Enable Google Calendar Sync to sync Pipedrive with Google Calendar.
- In the 'Sync with the following calendar' area, choose your intended Calendar from the dropdown.
Note: We recommend creating your own Pipedrive Tasks Calendar in Google, to avoid any confusion with any of your existing Google Calendars.
To learn how to create a separate calendar in Google, click here.
- Choose to either:
- Sync all events between Google Calendar and Pipedrive: If you select this option when connecting your Google Calendar to Pipedrive, it gives you the option to add Pipedrive Activities through Google Calendar rather than through Pipedrive:
- The benefits to this are that you can easily see all of your activities in one place while adding your sales activities, and this helps you keep from double-booking.
- The drawbacks are that you can't associate your Activities with any deal, contact, or organization in Pipedrive through Google. Instead you'll see a plain and simple 'Task' that you can later associate with a deal, contact, or organization.
- Only sync events added from Pipedrive. If you select this option nothing you add to Google Calendar will ever be populated within Pipedrive. Instead, adding activities in Pipedrive will add events in Google Calendar.
However, once an activity that's been added through Pipedrive is populated in Google Calendar, you can make changes through Google directly — like changing the time of the event — and it will update Pipedrive with the change.
- Click Save to sync Pipedrive with Google Contacts.
- You may also wish to click the Upload unsynced activities button that appears in the top-right corner, to sync all previously existing activities with Google. If you do not, only the activities added from now on will be synced with your Google Calendar.
Note: If you have Google Calendar events from prior to syncing to Pipedrive, those events will need to be edited in some way in Google Calendar before they can be recognized by Pipedrive and synced over to your account.
When you create an event in Pipedrive, you'll have a good extent of information that will automatically populate into your Google Calendar event. But rather than talk about it, have a look for yourself!
A few things to remember:
- The title of your Google Calendar event will default to the following formula: [Deal title] > [Person] > [Organization] > [Activity subject].
- It is possible to rearrange the order of these fields for the title of the synced activity, in Settings > Personal > Connections > Google Calendar.
- Attachments added to either the Google Calendar or Pipedrive activities will not be added to the corresponding synced item.
As an example, if we create the following activity in Pipedrive...
...the corresponding synced Google Calendar event will look like this.