Note: Admin rights are required to perform certain actions listed in this article. Click here to learn more.
Using multiple pipelines can be quite useful in certain situations. For instance:
- You may be a company that offers different kinds of products that may need their own proprietary stages during the closure of a deal.
- Or you may have both a product as well as a service that you sell in your company. The service could easily have a longer pipeline.
- You may also want to track delivery of the sold items after they're won.
It's not a good idea to use multiple pipelines:
- To categorize your deals by location or industry type or anything else if the stages are the same (use custom fields in this case instead).
- To separate by salesperson (it's already done automatically by Pipedrive through the Owner field).
- In summary: only create multiple pipelines if the stages in the process are different; otherwise try using custom fields.
This way you will have a chance to see the entire pipeline in one view if needed, but you can also create filters to see a segment. So you get best of both worlds. It's not possible to get a combined view of all pipelines even if the stage names are the same. They're internally still separate pipelines and stages for the system.
Not sure what stages to set up? Click here for tips on setting up the proper stages for your company.
To add a new pipeline
- Navigate to Settings > Pipelines to customize your pipelines.
- Click Add new pipeline, located in the top-right corner. The Add new pipeline screen opens, where you are expected to give a name to your pipeline.
- Enter a title for your pipeline.
- Click Save to save the new pipeline.
The pipeline is added to your account; you can now start adding stages to the pipeline.