Note: This action is only available to Admin Users.
Using multiple pipelines can be quite useful in certain situations. For instance:
- You may be a company that offers different kinds of products that may need their own proprietary stages during the closure of a deal.
- Or you may have both a product as well as a service that you sell in your company. The service could easily have a longer pipeline.
- You may also want to track delivery of the sold items after they're won.
It's not a good idea to use multiple pipelines:
- To categorize your deals by location or industry type or anything else if the stages are the same (use custom fields in this case instead).
- To separate by salesperson (it's already done automatically by Pipedrive through the Owner field).
- In summary: only create multiple pipelines if the stages in the process are different; otherwise try using custom fields.
In this way, you will have a chance to see the entire pipeline in one view, but you can also create filters to see any segment of the pipeline that you wish.
It's not possible to get a combined view of all pipelines, even if the stage names are the same.
Within the Pipedrive database, those pipelines and stages are still separated.
Note: Are you not sure what stages to set up? We have tips on setting up stages for your company.
To add a new pipeline to your Pipedrive account:
- Go to Settings > Pipelines to customize your pipelines.
- Click Add new pipeline, located in the top-right corner.
- Provide a name for the new pipeline.
- Click Save to save the new pipeline.
The pipeline is then added to your account; you can now start adding stages to the pipeline.