Smart Docs: eSignatures
For Professional and Enterprise users, the Smart Docs feature also comes with an eSignatures functionality, so you can request for document signatures from your customers without needing any extra tools.
To request a signature, you first have to create or upload a document with the Smart Docs feature in the deal detail page. You can learn how to set up a document in this article.
You can request for a signature in two locations:
- In the document editor—
- In the deal detail view—
Requesting a signature will create another version of the document.
Once you click on Request signatures, you will be prompted to review your document and manage your signers. The user requesting the signature (you) and the linked contact person will automatically be added as signers, but you can delete or add to this list. You can add up to 10 signers per document.
You can change the language of the invitation under Invite Language.
Once you click Request signatures, the document with instructions will be sent to all signers. You will receive an email notification every time someone signs or declines to sign.
When a signer opens the document sign request in their email, they will be able to review the document. There will be prompt to sign the document, decline to sign, and download document as a PDF in the top right corner.
In the Sign the document prompt, The signer will need to check the box confirming they have reviewed the document and have legal right to sign, and type their name before continuing. An authentication code will be sent to the signer's email to validate their identity.
When the document has been signed by everyone, a PDF of the signed document and audit trail will be automatically emailed to all signers and the user who had requested the signatures.
The document on the detail page of your deal will show the signing status of your document.
If you click on the signing status you will see information on each signer, document views, and signed status.
- Declined— the signer has declined signing the document. You can resend the signature request by clicking on Re-send invite.
- Awaiting— the signature request is still pending. you can send them a reminder email to resend the invite.
- Signed— the signer has already signed
There are also a number of actions you can take at the signature detail window:
- Re-send invite— if the user declines the signature request, you can re-send it to them
- Send reminder— if you click on send reminder, the signer will receive the signature request via email again.
- Send signed PDF— once everyone has signed the document, you will be able to send a signed PDF to individual users.
- Cancel signing— cancel the signing process for everyone. A cancellation email will be sent to all signers.
When a document has been signed by everyone, you can click on the version to see and download the signed document in the deal detail view.