When using Pipedrive's Live Chat feature, you may notice that you are not receiving desktop notifications as expected. Here you will learn the common reasons for this issue and some simple steps to fix it and make sure your notifications are set up correctly.
If you notice that you are not receiving notifications on your desktop, this could also have to do with whether your Pipedrive window is open, or how it is set up.
- You are working in a Live Chat conversation— If you have the Pipedrive web app open and are working directly in the Live Chat window, no desktop notifications will appear for that specific conversation. This means that when you have the Live Chat window open, you will only see desktop notifications from different conversations that you are not currently focused on.
- You are set as offline— In order to receive desktop notifications from Live Chat, you will need to make sure that you are set to online. Scroll down to the bottom left of the Live Chat page and toggle to I'm online.
- The subscription (allowing notifications) has not been created yet— The subscription is created when Pipedrive is loaded. So if you have selected to allow notifications in your browser, please refresh the page in order for the settings to be successfully updated.
The most common issues with your desktop notifications are caused by your browser settings. Here are some of our most common browser issues:
- Browser not running— For most browsers, the browser application needs to run for notification to appear. It is not necessary for the Pipedrive tab to be open for notifications to appear.
- The browser does not support notifications— Some browsers may not support notifications. We suggest using Google Chrome or Firefox, as both of these browsers support desktop notifications.
- Notifications are disabled in the browser— In order for some browsers to show desktop notifications, you will need to enable notifications in order to receive them.
How can I enable desktop notifications on my browser?
For Macs, go to System preferences > Notifications > Google Chrome (or your browser) > Allow Notifications from Google Chrome.
For Windows, go to Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Under “Get notifications from these senders” select Google Chrome (or your browser).
Computer “Do not disturb” setting enabled
Most systems have a "Do not disturb" setting that will prevent you from receiving notifications when enabled. Desktop notifications will not appear if your computer is set to not be disturbed.
If you are using a Mac, this can be changed in the Notifications section under your System Preferences. You can learn how to use the Do not disturb feature in this article.
For Windows 10, this feature is called Focus assist. It is located in the panel on the right-hand side of your screen, and can also be accessed through your settings. You can learn how to use Focus assist in this article.
If you did not find the solution to your notifications issue above, you should reset your notifications. To do so, you should:
- Block notifications for [yourcompany].pipedrive.com domain
- Refresh the Pipedrive window
- Allow notifications again
- Refresh the Pipedrive window again
Once this has been done, a new subscription will be created (and the old one removed) and any issues connected to possible wrong subscriptions should be resolved.
If the problem persists after all of the above, try another browser. This way we can determine if it is a browser-specific issue. If the issues persist, contact our support team.