How can I set up the email sync?
Email sync is an incredibly useful feature, and with this guide you can set it up easily.
- Go to Personal preferences > Email sync.
- Click the “Add new account” button.
- You’ll be directed to a new webpage and prompted to provide the login credentials of the account you want to sync to Pipedrive.
Note: Check this article for information about IMAP and SMTP ports.
Once connected, confirm the following:
- Your email tracking settings
- Labels to sync emails from
- What date to begin syncing from
You can choose to either sync past emails or start with an empty inbox.
SYNC STARTING FROM
Set when to start syncing emails over to your Pipedrive inbox.
- If you choose Now, you won’t sync historical emails but will sync any emails going forward.
- If you choose 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year as the starting point for your past sync, you’ll see the option to sync over emails from All people or Pipedrive contacts only.
SYNC PAST EMAILS SENT AND RECEIVED FROM
This option will only show up if you select “1 month”, “3 months,” or “6 months” as the starting point under the Sync starting from option.
Pipedrive contacts only
This option will sync over all emails with an email address associated with a Pipedrive contact already in your Pipedrive account. Syncing over emails from “Pipedrive contacts only” is only an option for setting up the initial past sync. For emails going forward and any re-syncs, you will only be able to sync all emails or emails under specific labels.
This option will sync over all emails from your contacts, regardless if they already have a linked Pipedrive contact.
Click the “Sync” button to begin the syncing process.
These are email sync settings that are related to the use of the Pipedrive app. They’re personal settings and won’t be applied to the whole company.