Pipedrive comes with a highly customizable approach to managing your sales process. Your deals, contacts, and products already come with the default fields needed to manage your data, but if you need to add fields specific to your company's needs, it can be created as a Custom Field.
With a custom field, you will not only have the means to document specific information needed to customize your data but also be able to organize and filter based on these fields in Pipedrive.
To learn more about how to use our Custom Fields, you can check out our Get started with the basics Pipedrive Academy course.
In the window that appears, name the field and select the type of field you wish to create. Pipedrive offers a variety of custom field types that can easily be customized according to the information you need for your data. You can learn about the types of custom fields available in this article.
When adding a custom field, you will see the option to choose how the field is displayed in Pipedrive.
- Always visible in deal/person/organization/product detail view
Checking this option will cause the custom field to always appear in the item's detail view, regardless if there is a value added or not. The field will always appear in the detail view if there is a value added.
- Appears in "add deal/person/organization/product" view
Checking this option will cause the custom field to appear in that item's "add new" dialog.
- Important fields
Here you can mark a field as "important" in all or specific pipelines and stages. You can read more about important fields in this article.
Where else can I add custom fields?
Custom fields can also be added in the Detail View of an item by going to Details > Customize fields > +Add a new field.
Once the custom field has been created, you can add, view, or delete custom field values in the following places within Pipedrive.
In the Detail View
- When in the Detail View, any custom fields can be found in the DETAILS section.
In the List View
- Click on the gear icon to the right of the table, and select the custom field from the list of fields in the Choose columns function. Click Save to make that custom field column visible in the List View
In the Add New Dialog
- If the Show In Add New Dialogue option is marked to Yes, the custom field will appear in the Add new deal / Add new person / Add new organization prompt.
In the Import function
- When importing a spreadsheet into Pipedrive, your custom fields can be mapped to columns in your spreadsheet. You can read more about importing in this article.
To make changes to your custom fields, go to Settings > Company > Data fields, and click on the '...' button next to your custom field.
You can change the custom field name, field properties, and important fields for your custom field at any time. The type of custom field cannot be changed once it has been created.
Deleting your custom field will delete the field and all of it's existing data from your Pipedrive account.
- Copy API key
You can easily copy your custom field's API key. For more information on how to use the API, you can look at our API documentation.